Transfer data from your old iPhone or iPad to a new one with Quick Start
You can automatically set up your new iOS device with an iPhone or iPad.
To avoid taking up too much of your current device’s battery life, choose a time to launch QuickStart when you don’t need to use it for several minutes.
- Place your new device next to your current device and turn it on. Getting started is as simple as following the instructions on the screen. Both devices should be restarted if your current device no longer displays the setup prompt.
- Ensure that your device has Wi-Fi or a mobile network connection.
- Mobile service activation may be required.
- Use Touch ID or Face ID to set up your account.
- Select the method you want to use to transfer your data.
- Downloading from iCloud means your apps and data will download automatically so you can begin using your new device immediately.
- If you transfer directly from your previous device, waiting for both devices to be finished transferring before you begin using them is essential.
Make sure your devices are connected to a power source and close to each other while migrating data. Various factors determine the time it takes for a transfer to occur, such as the quality of the network and the amount of information being transferred.